A more secure Australia through enhancing industry and defence capability.
How we help members:
- Assist members in their dealings with the Australian Government (including Government Departments) and Defence prime contractors.
- Facilitate the dissemination of Australian Government and prime contractor defence and security-related policy and procurement information to members.
- Represent members in the presentation of a consolidated Australian SME view, independent of federal or sectoral interests, to both Federal and State/Territory Governments and Defence Prime Contractors.
- Facilitate networking between Federal, State/Territory and regional Defence Industry bodies aimed to optimise Australian industrial capability/content in all Defence and Security-related contracts.
- Assist in the development of policies focused on SMEs operating in the Defence and Security sectors.
- Actively advocate to Federal and State/Territory Governments, Prime Contractors and Government departments such as Defence and Border Force in order to maximise the opportunities for Australian SMEs.
- Provide members an opportunity for networking (including at non AIDN-led exhibitions and conferences) - facilitating collaboration between members to supply greater capacity and capability to the Australian Defence Forces and security agencies.
- Inform members of available training relevant to their business needs.
Advocacy: AIDN National, through understanding the National industry’s view, will represent SMEs by providing a “Voice” for their issues and concerns and promoting members capabilities.
Representation: AIDN National will provide leadership and build and maintain key partnerships at local, national and international level, through influencing national policy and strategy and maintaining key relationships with political and Government decision makers.
Member Services: AIDN National, acting as a central point of coordination, will service its chapters and their members through providing relevant information and awareness on the defence and security environments, opportunities for collaboration and engagement and Governance oversight.